Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Uhuru Kenyatta Statement on ICC Ruling

The International Criminal Court, after conducting a pre trial hearing, has decided to confirm charges against me.
I would like to reiterate before the people of Kenya and before the entire world, that my conscience is clear, has been clear and will always remain clear that I am innocent of all the accusations that have been leveled against me. I have cooperated with the ICC throughout the process and will continue to do so because I believe in the rule of law.
I thank you all for your moral support, your prayers and your abiding faith in my innocence. I, therefore, urge all Kenyans not to lose hope following today’s ruling. I am confident that the truth will come out and I will be vindicated in the fullness of time.
Fellow Kenyans, as I have gone through this process, it has been abundantly clear to me that this trial has not been just about the individuals charged at the ICC. This trial has been about more. This trial has been about a country trying to come to terms with itself and its past – a country that is picking up the broken pieces from this dark period. It is about a country trying to get past the trauma of what happened and seek a fresh start.
I believe in Kenya. I believe that among the many traits that the Kenyan people have in common, none is stronger than our unanimous love for our country and hate of conflict. For in conflict, which brings burdens and dangers to so many – our nationhood and dignity is the biggest casualty.
Let us all remain calm and peaceful during this period.
In due course I will issue a more comprehensive statement.
God bless you, and God bless Kenya.
Hon. Uhuru Kenyatta, EHG, MP
DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER and MINISTER FOR FINANCE
:) :( ;) :D ;;-) :-/ :x :P :-* =(( :-O X( :7 B-) :-S #:-S 7:) :(( :)) :| /:) =)) O:-) :-B =; :-c :)] ~X( :-h :-t 8-7 I-) 8-| L-) :-a :-$ [-( :O) 8- 2:-P (:| =P~ #-o =D7 :-SS @-) :^o :-w 7:P 2):) X_X :!! \m/ :-q :-bd ^#(^ :ar!

No comments: